Monday, September 08, 2008

My Opinion Was Appreciated. But Not By Feminsts, I Guess!

I was sent a link recently and asked for my opinion.

Oops.


My opinion? It's spot on.

Basically, it fits with everything I've observed, particularly over the last few years.

It speaks a few harsh truths that need to be spoken, and loudly. The social engineering experiment that was the so-called "sexual revolution" is a complete failure and the data have been coming in for years - it just doesn't fit the prevailing political paradigm (sorry for the alliteration!) for it to be dealt with.

Women have done themselves no favours, and I include myself in that statement, btw, since I do come with all the issues that women in general have compared to men.

I used to believe the feminist dogma for a while there in my late teens and early twenties - a Cosmo reader from way back.

It has gotten worse in the short time since this article was written, and it can be seen over the blogosphere and in the expansion of the divorce industry.

Some required reading on this subject in my mind:

When She Was Bad, by Patricia Pearson, 1995. Out of print but still to be found on amazon and ebay. This book deals with female violence and how it is sanitised and explained away in our legal and social environments, and therefore women are pretty much given a pass, even though there is a near 50/50 ratio of instigation in domestic violence between genders.

This is relevant when we consider how Devlin speaks of the lack of accountability of young women when it comes to "date rape" and their inability to accept responsibility for a situation that wasn't up to their imaginings.

We have a language of motive and intent that has grown up around these occasions that cloud the issue, and as Orwell so aptly put it, if you control the vocabulary, you control the thoughts.



The so-called rightwing think tank that is Civitas has done a bit of research also into our grand social experiment and come up with the same conclusions.

This has links to several articles dealing with families and the breakdown thereof, and the important role that men play in families and society.

The "Experiments In Living: The Fatherless Family" should be on the reading list for any sociology course at uni if you ask me. Unfortunately for me, I didn't find this until I was into single parenthood. It would have changed a lot of things, and hence a lot of outcomes.

Oh well.

The Catholic site, Fisheaters.com has an ebook called "The Garbage Generation" which is an study into the patriarchy and again, reiterates what we all know. Women basically can't be trusted to keep their legs closed.

Sorry if that's a bit blunt, but human nature is not, I believe, monogamous. We need the checks and balances (and security) that a strong, and socially supported institution of marriage can bring. Currently, we don't have that.

The Garbage Generation.

With the push for homosexual marriages, polygamy and all the rest that goes along with it - that woman over in Europe "marrying" a dolphin? Spare me! - the traditional marriage arrangement of one man, one woman in relatively well-defined roles working to provide for children is under great threat.

Since the success of our society is built upon this unit, then any threat to that is a threat to our whole way of life.

I'm sure that sounds dramatic, but all you have to do is look around at the behaviour of young adults today.

There are the young men at my work, for example.

One broke up with his girlfriend, who he had a lot of respect for, because he had plenty of other girls throwing themselves at him. He'd get text messages and offers of sex day and night, and he decided that he wanted to play the field. He didn’t want to cheat on his girlfriend.

He's the archetypal "alpha male" or bad boy. He's done time for manslaughter, plays sport and is a fine physical specimen to look at. The girls just flock to him.

There's another who is quite comfortable with the idea of cheating on his girlfriend because, "she doesn't want it, so I'll get some elsewhere," said with a shrug.

On the other side, young JD is the gift that keeps on giving. It appears her current boyfriend has a girlfriend and a child (she may have more than one boyfriend).

She is 17 and expresses outrage at x's former partner cheating on her while pregnant, yet sees no parallel in her own behaviour when she had a boyfriend she was trying to get pregnant to, who had a partner with whom he had 3 children. The youngest was a newborn, and all his partner wanted to do was commit to him, raise a family with him, and accept him for all his faults. In the partner's words, "He's the father of my children and I love him."

JD just sees that she's entitled and empowered to do what she wants with whom she wants, and nothing will get in the way of that.

These are a couple of personal, recent examples.

If we want to take it back a few years to the early 90s, there was the woman I knew who was gang-raped. I've had people castigate me because I had no sympathy for her.

Sure, she shouldn't have been gang-raped, and she was traumatised, but what about her own accountability.

She's right when she says that she has the right to walk home alone.

But.....

What about accepting responsibility for the consequences when your walking home alone takes place at 2am on a rainy night and you're drunk and you get into a car full of likewise drunken men?

That was a thoroughly avoidable situation and she has nobody to blame but herself.

I've pissed a lot of people off with that example.

Of course, this same woman was upset because I happen to like wearing stiletto heels, which, unbeknownst to me, are an invention by men to stop women from getting away. Some sort of hobble, apparently.

Then you get the women who whine because they're in their 30s and can't find a husband.

Yes, there is a marriage strike on, and men have no reason to get married.

Eternal Bachelor Makes this point in rather strong language, but if you read this and other MRA (Men's Rights Activist) sites, and look beneath the bile, we're in big trouble.

Not just men, but all of us.

Sorry if I'm getting all ranty, but this is something I've been doing a lot of reading on lately. I've got a stack of sites bookmarked, and the latest area of study for me has been in the area of abuse allegations and what happens in case of divorce.

Latest book from amazon? Taken Into Custody, by Dr Stephen Baskerville, which looks into the divorce industry and who gains from it.

Needless to say, I'm preaching to the choir when I say that it's designed to breakdown families. Whether it is deliberate or an unintended consequence of good intentions is ultimately irrelevant.

Okay, just in closing.

My thoughts on marriage?

It's a necessary social contract whereby the man agrees to monogamy and support physical and fiscal for the woman who agrees to monogamy, and thus ensure that the children are his.

Him: Darling I love you, I want to marry you. Will you keep your legs closed for every other guy but me and I'll look after you?

Her: I will.

What could be simpler?

LOL Of course, there are far too many women who have grown up swimming in a miasma of feminist dogma who would be appalled, but if you scratch them, deep down quite a few will agree with this summation.

They just don't want to admit to being wrong all these years.

Now we just have to find a way to educate the youngsters coming up through the ranks.



Ed, you did ask for opinions lol. Hope your eyeballs don't fall out with my diatribe!

And don't even get me started on feminidiots like "Biting Beaver" and the damage she perpetrates in the name of "empowerment!

Cheers,

nilk

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed
Sent: Wednesday, 13 August 2008 7:54 PM
To: [group]
Cc: [yes, you too!]
Subject: Your opinions appreciated

http://theoccidentalquarterly.com/archives/vol6no2/DevlinTOQV6N2.pdf

4 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger MathewK said...

Just reading what you wrote and i was thinking, it's a good thing you're a woman cos if a man had written that and went public, he'd probably have to leave the country, change his name and his sex. LOL

You have a lot of valid points, it's been a couple of decades since society has become anything goes and traditional marriage has been undermined quite a bit. From what i can see it's fun when you're young and the hormones are raging but the consequences are that i personally know of 3 children who are growing up without their fathers.

And given their life experiences, it's highly unlikely that they'll be doing anything differently when they grow up.

You also raised an important point that "men have no reason to get married", there are numerous examples in our society where this is the reality every day.

A man is constantly made to believe he is worthless, not needed to raise children. He has no choice in whether a woman carrying his child decides if she wants to abort it, yet once the child is born, he is suddenly responsible.

If they get divorced, he has to pay support but if the woman wants to, she can work the system so that he will never see his children again.

Thanks to the left, in some countries, people are financially better off living apart than together.

It boggles the mind that we've done quite a lot to undermine marriage and then we turn around and wonder why it's declining.

Good post Nilk, i read it last night, but let it bounce around in my head before commenting. Will check out those links when i have a chance.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

MK, this is something that's been churning around inside me for years. Goodness knows you've seen me rant on AWH when it comes to the child abuse/role modelling that's available in all our media-driven glory.

I've been doing a lot of reading offline over the last few months, and it's turning into a bit of pet project here.

This is our "civilisation", sure, but where has the civility gone?

As a man, what's your experience of opening the door for a woman or do you just not bother?

For me, anyone who opens the door for me gets a thank you - there is no excuse for bad manners.

As a child of the 80s and onwards, I open the door for other people if I get there first, but again, I see that as courtesy.

There are plenty of women out there who find such stuff as being oppressive and offensive.

All that demonstrates to me is that some people have a remarkably small mind with which to consider such things.

If you're going to check out the links, you want to start with the original link I was sent. It's in the post title. :)

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Mercurius Aulicus said...

As a general rule I avoid the Men's rights sites because of their anger, bitterness and insistence upon delusions of equality (rather than complementarity). However if I may be presume to suggest a Male Chauvinist/Men's Rights site - I would recommend Female Misogynist. Although she is a lesbian she does have a number of commonsense things to say about the differences between men and women and the differing duties required of each. I particularly appreciated the links in her sidebars opposing Women's Suffrage.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Thanks for that link, Mild. I'm now distracted from my exercise lol.

Regarding the MRA sites, I've been reading them for a few years now, and can decipher what's being said without the bile.

There is a lot of anger there, though, and I can't read too much at a time.

It helps that I can see where they are coming from, and I generally don't comment much on those.

Not sure aboout the delusions of equality though. Some have them, some don't.

In any case, my own wanderings have taken me through a lot of bitterness in my time, so I don't get fussed about it any more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home