Sunday, April 20, 2008

More Religious Humour.

Well, thanks to Dear Leader's wankfest aka RuddStock08, and my personal fave the All-singing', all-dancin' goat rodeo (thanks, Spot) I've been unable to watch the news.

Bolta has been swimming in that particular sewer: Day One, Day Two.

A few minutes here and there are all I can cope with.

So I've got Harold and Kumar on in the background while I chase up some more stuff to make me laugh. It's either that or go watch that dreadful Saab ad and hunt down some rope and a high joist to hang it from.

My brief is to find jokes by people of different religious persuasions for their own groups and post them here.

Spot in the comments pointed me towards Quaker humour, including how many Quakers it takes to change a lightbulb!.

So I'm continuing in my quest.

Please note that I may not find some of these hilariously funny; my definition of humour is not the same as everyone else's. At the moment, in this household, scatology rules the roost. It can't not with Magilla and Spiderboy and their antics.

Buddhist humour.
The first joke on this page was told to me the other day by a mate:

What did the Buddhist monk say to the hotdog vendor?
Make me one with everything.

I'm obviously a total numpty, but that went completely over my head. My friend was waiting... waiting ... for me to get the joke, but nope. Didn't do it for me. Poor bugger had to explain it to me, and I find that funnier than the joke!


Here's a Hindu/Indian joke:


Driving Styles …

One hand on steering wheel, one hand out of window. - Sydney

One hand on steering wheel, one hand on horn - Japan

One hand on steering wheel, one hand on newspaper, foot solidly on accelerator… - Boston

Both hands on steering wheel, eyes shut, both feet on brake, quivering in terror - New York

Both hands in air, gesturing, both feet on accelerator, head turned to talk to someone in back seat - Italy

One hand on horn, one hand on holding gear, one ear listening to loud music, one ear on cell phone, one foot on accelerator, one foot on clutch, nothing on break, eyes on females in next car, - Welcome to INDIA!


It's quite interesting, trying to find things that amuse other groups - I've found a hindu comedian on youtube, but he appears to be performing for the non-hindu audience, so that's not quite what I'm looking for. It looks like I'm going to have to do more searching.

Any suggestions are more than welcome, and please bear with me while I go hunting for more stuff to make us all laugh.

In the meantime, The Back Passage is an absolute cack! It's a pdf, and it's got nothing to do with religion, but it contains some hilarious information about what people stick up their backsides.

2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger sfw said...

"What did the Buddhist monk say to the hotdog vendor?
Make me one with everything."

What did the hotdog vendor say to the Buddhist monk when the monk asked for his change from $10?
"Change comes from within"

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Minicapt said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Ryj1ywoqw

Yeah, well ...

Cheers
JMH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home