Thursday, October 25, 2007

Warm Fuzzies All Round.

The last few months have seen quite a lot of upheaval going on in Chez Bogan.

Back in June, for a number of reasons YR came to live with us. As she's 16 and therefore umbilically attached to modern technology, it has meant that I don't get untrammelled access to my computer at the moment. It will be changing soon, never fear, as I have a new computer and we can set her up with my old one.

July was a bit of a lost month due to illness and birthdays, and August there was a lot of stuff going down (not my stuff), which led into September and my currently even more expanded household.

The Godmother is single and has a son. The last couple of months have been very intense and trying for all of us, but especially for her and her little one.

He is 6 weeks old and adorable, and I've not thought of a nickname for him yet, so you'll have to bear with me on that one.

And he and the Godmother have moved in with us.

So in my 3 bedroom house we have myself (40), the Godmother (29), YR (16), Magilla (5) and the baby (6 weeks).

Oh, and the Fat Cat is still taking up heaps of room and food, too.

What does this mean? Just that it's taking longer to get back to regular programming. I do have the occasional small bleat, as I have been trying to pull together a post on patriarchy, but it can wait a bit longer. It's not like the Feminasties are going anywhere.

We are househunting, as this place is inadequate for a group this size, which is taking time, and then there is the Battle For The Keyboard, which takes place regularly.

I'm thinking a roster could come in handy!

In the meantime, I'm still collecting epithets: I've recently added "bible-basher" to the list that so far only stretches to nazi, racist, bigot and fucking bitch.

I need a few more, so I really should get back to posting more and upsetting more.

While you're waiting for the next instalment, however, have a free hug!

3 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're alive and ok. Crowded isn't so bad when other conditions are considered.

Why you collecting a list of nasties? Folk been calling you those things?

Nazi and Racist is almost a badge of honor these days. It usually means you're not a dumbass intellectually inbred sack of marxist PC drone droppings.

Silly commies though. Nazis are just another aspect of murderous social utopianism and are only "right wing" because the stalinistas needed an easy delimiter to separate their particular brand of grotesque idiocy from that other one.

Leftism all of it. Worthy of the noose and a short drop, all of them.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Yup. Usually connected to this blog, but also because these days I do get a bit vocal about stuff when in public.

I no longer have the patience for idiocy that I had.

The best bit was being called a racist by someone complaining that Magilla's carer is Sri Lankan and the young one had picked up a bit of a lilt in her speech patterns.

Not much, just that she says a couple of words a little bit differently.

As for being a bible-basher, as a good friend of mine said recently, she's known me for years and I've never waved a bible at her! :)

I figure I'm not doing my job if I'm not getting called names.

I hope you're doing well, too, Grimmy. Good to see you kicking around.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger MathewK said...

I was about to put together an email inquiring about your whereabouts Nilk, glad to see it's all hectic and happening there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home