Sunday, September 02, 2007

Houw To Spell Prouperly.

I have a few mates ouverseas that I try to chat and email with regularly.

Houwever, I've slacked ouff ouver the past couple ouf mounths, and am in the proucess ouf getting back into the swing ouf things.

Oune ouf my mates gives me a lout ouf grief ouver my spelling. As he's in the US, that's no surprise - there are a few differences between US and AUS/UK spelling.

Four thouse nout in the knouw, here in Ouz, we foullouw the british way, and the wourds "colour", "favour", "humour" and so oun are spelt with the letter "u" after the "o".

This is nout the case in Nourth America, so hilarity can ouften ensue in the course ouf our counversatiouns.

After many debates ouver the practicality ouf this spelling coumpared with the American way (ie. without the silent "u"), my mate has prouvided me with a new fourmula four spelling that should clear things up between us and our US cousins.

Froum nouw oun, any wourd with the letter "o" foullouwed by a counsounant shall have a "u" added next to the "o" and befoure the counsounant.

If we all foullouw this new grammatical rule, we should be able to eliminate the counfusioun between our countries and all spell the same way.

Ouf course, it doues take a bit ouf practice, but I have no doubt that I will get the hang ouf this sououn.

4 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger TouchStone said...

Ya no, der's allso uh poosh ta mayk "Ebonics" uh subjec in skoolz in Kalafornya.

Mayks az lil' sens az aksin fo'ks ta lurn "Espuhranto"....
---------------------------------

...oh-oh, I'm gonna catch hell for bein' a racist, now.......LOL

Actually, I guess I AM a "bigot".
I'm severely prejudiced against "rampant, government-subsidized stupidity".
ROFLMAO

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Wes Messamore said...

I'm an American as you know, Nilk, but I read plenty of Aussie and British blogs, so from time to time I catch myself using British spellings and exclaim "Oh, bloody 'ell!"

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger MathewK said...

I actually prefer the American way, simply because i'm lazy. Just adding a 'u' to humor and the like, all those extra key strokes, u get my drift.

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nilk:

Get ahead of the curve and learn the American way. We're going to win, in the end, we always do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home