Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Yes, Islam Honours Women

From Ask Imam:

Question: I've been in a grave pain for the past 6 years.And my husband is the one causing this pain & problems. He insults me & my children (which are all grown up), doesn't respect us, doesn't let me see my family or talk to them,fight alot with us.Everything is miserable beause of him. I keep quiet and keep patients for which he takes advantage of. My sons pay for everything;the rent,food,insurance...He works but does not spend a single penny towards us or for the upbringing of the house(which is a father's duty). He insults me & my family alot & sometimes he don't speak to us for days or even months It's unbearable. I've done everything (used Allah's name to make him alright,have read some verses from Quran,but no luck). He don't listen to anyone & no one can dare talk to him.Please advice what I can do or read to make him alright again. You're my last hope!

Answer: 1. Perform 2 Rakaats of Salaatul Haajat and beg Allah to deliver you from
this predicament.
2. Whenever he comes home, recite 'Yaa Hayyu, Yaa Qayyoom, Yaa Ghaffooru,
Yaa Wadood' silently and blow upon him.
3. Continue with your good conduct towards him even if he is abusive towards
you.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
FATWA DEPT.



So the answer for the poor woman is to shut the fark up and behave. Oh, and pray some more.

Way to go, mufti. Such a shining light for abused muslim women in the world. At least non-pious muslimahs would hopefully accept the help that is available outside islam and its interminable micro-management of life.

As Sheikh Hosein says: .... the Qur’an recognized that
“women have rights similar to those exercised against them in an equitable manner”, but went on to declare that “men have a status or degree above them” (i.e., above women)

(Qur’an, al-Baqarah, 2:228)

and, in this connection, it further declared that “men are guardians over women” with responsibility to not only maintain but, also, to guard and protect them. The Qur’an concluded by making it obligatory for women to obey their male guardians. (Qur’an, al-Nisa, 4:34)

6 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we can liberate the women, Islam is over.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

You have that right, but unfortunately, a lot of women don't want to be liberated.

The question is how do we raise awareness.

On the rare occasions I've posted on female muslim blogs, I generally get an okay reception until I mention something that I find reasonable, but isn't to the islamic mind.

The shutters go up, and henceforth any attempt at communication is doomed.

 
At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

``Men are guardians over women'' is OK as long as the men actually behave as guardians should, that is, as protectors when necessary, and as guides. But it seems the men aren't holding up their end of the contract: it's all bullying and abuse.

If the ``guardians'' aren't doing their job, then their ``wards'' should be relieved of any duty towards them. BTW this goes for abusive and negligent parents as well, Muslim or not.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger . said...

I think beat it by embracing it... Michelle Leslie the muslim girl who is a bikini model, is a great example of this. People like her should be held up of an example of the "new islam"

I agree totally, tempt muslims into a civilized free life and we win.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Jai Normosone said...

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that of all the Muslim males you see about the place, very few of them act with the honour & dignity that one would expect of a real man.

Under Islam, it seemingly takes guts and valour and strength to overcome ones enemies - but since they can't do that without resorting to crying and hiding behind women and children, they'll just beat up on their mobile-shields instead.

I'm glad that I am secure enough with my place in this world that I don't feel compelled to exert my authority at every opportunity over those weaker than myself and use the excuse of "It is the will of Allah" into the bargain.

Cowards.
Weak, pathetic, gutless, spineless cowards.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger «™$£¥¤¡¢ gÜ¥¥¶ said...

unbeleivers cannot understand what the faith is.
This world is nothing for muslims.
Our ultimate goal is Life after death

 

Post a Comment

<< Home