Thursday, November 02, 2006

Casting Unwarranted Aspersions.

As most people who blog would know by now, John Kerry made a complete doofus of himself by denigrating US servicemen and women in Iraq.

If you missed it, he basically said that you should educate yourself or you'll end up in Iraq. That's my reading and paraphrasing of him, anyway.

The soldiers in Iraq, themselves, had this to say:




Good to see the lads (and lasses, to be pc, of course) have a great sense of humour.

Also to add to this, I received in the mail today this letter:
nb.I do not know the author of this, but I do trust the source who passed it on to me.

Yesterday John Kerry said, "You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well, and if you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq"
So I wrote him a letter:
I am a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps. I am currently on my second tour in Iraq, a tour in which I volunteered for. I speak Arabic and Spanish and I plan to tackle Persian Farsi soon. I have a Bachelors and an Associates Degree and between deployments I am pursuing an M.B.A. In college I was a member of several academic honor societies, including the Golden Key Honor Society. I am not unique among the enlisted troops. Many of my enlisted colleagues include lawyers, teachers, mechanics, engineers, musicians and artists just to name a few. You say that your comments were directed towards the President and not us. If we were stupid Senator Kerry, we might have believed you.
I am not a victim of President Bush. I proudly serve him because he is my Commander and Chief. If it was you who was President, I would serve you just as faithfully. I serve America Senator Kerry, and I am also providing a service to the good people of Iraq. I have not terrorized them in the middle of the night, raped them or murdered them as you have accused me of before. I am doing my part to help them rebuild. My role is a simple one, but important. You see Senator Kerry, like it or not, we came here and removed a tyrant (who terrorized Iraqis in the middle of the night, and raped them and murdered them). And we have a responsibility to see to it that another one doesn’t take his place. The people of Iraq are recovering from an abusive relationship with a terrible government and it’s going to take some time to help them recover from that. We can’t treat this conflict like a microwave dinner and throw a temper tantrum because we feel like it’s taking too long.
Senator Kerry, you don’t have to agree with this war. You don’t have to say nice things about those of us who choose to make sacrifices for the rights of every American rather than sit back and simply feel entitled to it. But please Senator Kerry, if you’re going to call me a stupid murdering rapist, stick by what you say. Don’t tell me that I misunderstood or that you would never insult a veteran because you’re one too. Having been there and done that does not give you a free pass to insult me.
My suggestion for you, Senator Kerry, is to remember that your speeches are recorded, and broadcast to us simpletons over here. You may want to write down what you want to say before you say it, maybe have somebody look at it before you say it and tell you what others might hear. Remember that we can’t read your mind, if there are any misinterpretations in what you say, it’s because you didn’t communicate clearly.
Good luck to you Senator Kerry, if nothing else it’s always entertaining to watch you try and climb out of the holes that you constantly dig for yourself.
Sincerely,
Somebody who is watching his daughter grow up in photographs so that you can have the right to say whatever you want about him.


Sort of puts paid to Senator Kerry's ideas of the forces being people by a bunch of nufnufs.

It boggles my mind that as a so-called leader in his country he has so little respect for the men and women who have chosen to honour their country and its ideals to the extent of willingly laying down their lives in a foreign and hostile land.

It leaves me thoroughly gobsmacked that he can have spent time in the military himself, yet be so ignorant of what it actually means.

I can't presume to understand exactly what life in the forces entails, but it is a high cost in so many areas - physically, emotionally, spiritually. I've seen it with my own family, and there are plenty of tales around of the traps of what those serving and their own loved ones go through.

Just ask the Patriot Guard, for example.

I think John Kerry should congratulate himself on a job well done. I didn't think he could make himself look a bigger nong, but I guess you should never say never.

11 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering John Kerry is from an armed forces background. I don't believe he was casting aspersions on the brave men and women who are in Iraq, he was actually referring to the uneducated man who has placed those brave men and women there. And who does not seem to have any idea to leave the quagmire he has created. I find it incredible the amount of supposedly educated people who have managed not to see this. But then there is a very tight election in ten days.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Good point, Anon.

The problem, however, that as someone who has been playing the media game for years, and who is (or should be) aware of how quickly things can get blown up into pr disasters in the space of nano-seconds, John Kerry has made a fool of himself.

His writer needs a kick up the bum or a pat on the back, depending on his reasons for writing such comments.

This is not the 'support' that the troops on the frontline or at home need. This is more like a knife in the back.

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's certainly not what the democrats need, that's for sure.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

LOL!

 
At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, sure.

Nothing but lies, bullshit, and betrayal from him towards his fellow soldiers in Vietnam, and now we are supposed to believe that he does support them and didn't mean to denigrate them this time as he has done every other time?

What a load of fucking bullshit. He meant it as a slight against the troops (as all good leftists do) and it only became "about Bush" (despite him not actually mentioning Bush's name) when he realised that maybe he shouldn't have said out loud what we all know he and the left really think

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger r_mate_e said...

Damn right tiberius

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Captain

We got to savage these worthless leftist fucks wherever they pop up.

No mercy.

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger KG said...

"Considering John Kerry is from an armed forces background. I don't believe he was casting aspersions on the brave men and women who are in Iraq, he was actually referring to the uneducated man who has placed those brave men and women there"
bollocks. Where have you been for the past ten years?
John Kerry has been "casting aspersions" on the troops for years, beginning with his testimony before a Senate committee claiming to have witnessed atrocities in Vietnam.
He appeared alongside Jane Fonda when she described U.S. soldiers as "baby killers".
He has denigrated the military again and again and again and has failed to vote again and again when crucial appropriation votes for military spending came up.
To describe him as being from "an armed forces background" is either ignorant or dishonest. He served for a very short time and got released from service under very dubious circumstances in order to pursue a political career.
"he was actually referring to the uneducated man who has placed those brave men and women there"
Yeah, riight. Whatever. The fact that Bush has a better academic record than Kerry seems to have escaped your limited attention.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Hi there, USN 26Y9M8D, welcome to Bogan Central.

Just to let you know that there are plenty out here who agree with you about Kerry, and thanks for your service.

cheers,
nilk

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

much ado about nothing, that is all I have to say on this subject.

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then you could have saved yourself some effort-- and made it a little less ado about nothing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home