Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The TMI Files. Who Said There Was High Unemployment?

Well, it took only two and a half to three weeks, but I am now employed.

I sent out a score of resumes, had a few interviews for a few jobs, and got the one I want last friday.

Not bad for someone who has officially been out of the workforce for four years, so I'm pretty please with myself.

The fun begins in another couple of weeks, and I'm looking forward to it. It will be a huge challenge for all of us. That includes the cats, as they are also used to people being around near 24/7, but if it means we can feed them the seriously expensive food, then it'll be worth it.

For those who added me to their prayers or just sent warm fuzzies my way, many, many thanks.

5 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger MathewK said...

Congratulations, very happy for you.

And you'll be pleasantly surprised to see this morning that our dear leaders Howard and Costello are giving us all tax breaks.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger American Crusader said...

Outstanding....congratulations.

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratualtions Nilk!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Caz said...

Yippee!! That's fantastic, well done.

Don't under estimate how impressive you are - I know exectutive level people, or people with a squillion degrees, who spend a year or more, hundreds of resumes, no interviews, no job. So great stuff on your part.

Hope the job turns out to be all that you imagine & that you have nice people to work with.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Thanks, guys and gal. I'm still pretty stoked about the whole thing.

We'll see how I go over the next 6 months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home