Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The TMI Files. Drugs Are Roolly Grouse.

I've been having problems with my knee for some time now, and after x-rays and testing, it appears I've got a localised form of tendonitis. This is a bloody nuisance, but the doc has put me on celebrex. That's an anti-inflammatory for those not in the know.

My problem, however, is not so much the knee anymore, as the drug. I take one pill, and I'm damn near knocked out. This is ridiculous, so I take one before bed and I'm out for the count. It's a mongrel trying to get out of bed in the morning, but I'll see how it goes for another week or so. It's only been 3 days so far.

This is better than valium. (Mainly because I have an unhealthy reaction to valium.)

The doc did suggest voltaren first, but hastily changed that after looking at my file. Heheh. I looooove voltaren. For me it's not so much an anti-inflammatory as an anti-reality. One of those and I'm stoned out of my skull for about 18 hours. It's great!

Maybe I should go with the voltaren?

4 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

This is for on specific spot on my knee! The doc wants to see if the drugs help, then maybe some physio.

I have the lowest tolerance to drugs that I can't take much at all. As for the voltaren getting me high... when I'm flaked out on the floor, the boss calls to find out why I'm not in and all I can do is giggle at her, then I don't think I'm in Kansas. It was great, but not for working lol.

That was years ago, and while I get tempted to repeat the experiment, I've resisted so far.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger sfw said...

I developed a crook hip several years ago, the doc tried a couple of things but the best for me is celebrex, never got sleepy or anything like that. Sure he is not loading you up on painkillers? Love your blog read it quite often.
Thanks

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Thanks, Bill.

1 pill a day is not exactly loading up, and my medical centre is not in the habit of prescribing gratuitously. Not to me, at least.

I'm just in a fog at the moment, and it's bloody annoying. I can't wake up or shake the mist out of my mind. Grrrr.

Time to get off them, I guess. It's not like I'm incapacitated. Just inconvenienced.

(I'm having a day of syllables)

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Dag said...

I got slammed by a car a fair number of years ago while riding my bike. I landed no my knees and forehead. I had a helmet on, but my knees are like broken egg shells taped back together. Lost a mountain climbing trip to Iceland over that, laying in a hospital bed instead. But I did manage to climb mountains afterward for the next five years in spite of my knees. The most painful part of it all now is that I hurt for no goal at the end of the day.

My drug advice? I drink lots of coffee. I hope that's helpful.

(That wasn't helpful. I know that was not helpful. I think my advice was stupid. I need more coffee.)

[Hi to you and the kid.]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home