Saturday, December 03, 2005

The TMI Files. Gardening with Gorillas

Well, the vegie patch is coming along nicely. We've got in parsley, chives, oregano, thyme, strawberries, tomatoes and now corn. Yum.

Magilla's contribution tends to be removing her clothing and crawling around in the dirt looking for worms. The poor worms then get placed in the fridge for safekeeping. So far, I think only one creature has expired from her tender ministrations.

If it's time to rake up the prickly seed cases from the big tree out back, it's got to be done when she's asleep or out of the picture. The rake has been co-opted as a horse. Forget the hobby horse with the sound-effects and wheels. That's got nothing on the rake.

She's good though. She's been snipping the blackberries for me using the clippy things.

She also helps mow the lawn - she pushes the lawn mower with a bit of assistance for me.

I just hope she doesn't prune the tomatoes like she did the parsley. I hope it survives! :)

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks debra for that exposition - I am pleased that you have that special relationship with God.
I tried to leave this comment a minute ago and it disappeared on me so I will try and reproduce it.
You are correct to stress the love that is there for all groups.
There is also personal responsibility, and there will be judgement. It is then I believe, that many acts committed in the name of Allah will be found to be evil, in the judgement of God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home