Saturday, November 26, 2005

The TMI Files. Cutting edge kiddy.

I know that we are always told never to let toddlers near scissors. Sometimes we get a bit lax, which I have done lately.

Magilla, on the whole, is careful with her kiddy scissors. They don't work very well, so she doesn't spend a lot of time trying to cut things.

My general* scissors, on the other hand..... Now that's a whole different ball game.

She's been helping me with the wrapping of chrissy pressies - sometimes cutting paper, sometimes sticking said paper down. She also moves off with the scissors and brings me back shapes she has cut out of the newspaper or any spare bit of paper to hand.

What I've also discovered, is that she's been cutting the cat's hair, too.

I'd noticed the clumps of hair last night, and it's only this evening that I've had a chance to follow up on it.

First of all, I did wonder if she was cutting her own hair, but the small clumps I found seemed to be too dark, and very soft. Magilla has dark brown hair, the moggy has black. The fat cat is also reknowned for her soft, soft fur. Plus, Magilla didn't seem to be minus any hair.

So far, so good.

The cat didn't appear to be missing fur, either.

Smart money suggests going to the source, and since more little clumps of hair had appeared, I collected them and asked Magilla.

She explained that she had been cutting the fat cat's hair, and proceeded to demonstrate with the big scissors.

Some disciplinarian I am - I had to sit down, I was laughing so hard.

Basically, she was sticking the tip of the scissors into the cat's fur and snipping. Not a lot - just enough for a little clump of fur to be cut. Not enough to be that noticeable on the cat, either. Now I know what to look for, I can see that quite a bit has been snipped.

Poor cat. I think no more unsupervised cutting. We might end up with a bald cat moggy!


*I do have a halfway decent pair I use for work - dressing hair pieces, latex, that sort of thing. Not for household stuff.

4 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky she was only playing 'hairdresser' and not 'veterinary surgeon'.

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Dag said...

I have to go climbing in Peru through the jungle to get to Machu Pichu, and then I'm taking a folding kayak down the Amazon to the Caribbean. And then I'm off to teach school in India. And then I'll hit the Silk Road through Samarkand and get to Constantinople and off to Athens.

Or I'll give it all up instantly if anyone wants to have a baby with a middle aged guy who spent all his life doing nothing at all. I'll show up at the doorstep with a box of chocolates, flowers, a kitten and a pair of sissors in my backpack.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Caz said...

dag - that's just sooo beautiful, the last of the great romantics!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Thank you, caz. I was wondering how to respond to dag. He has the loveliest way with words.

Dag, I refuse to believe you have wasted your life. You may not have travelled the path you expected, but very few of us do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home