Saturday, November 12, 2005

Radio kicking for terrorists.

For those not in the know, one of the larger commercial radio networks is the Austereo group. I couldn't tell you which stations they run, although there are a lot of them around the country. The main one is Triple M, which is networked through Brissie, Sydney and Melbourne. And Adelaide, if I recall.

Weekday evenings, there is bloke going by the name of the Spoonman. I can't lay claim to being a fan as I only listen to the radio in the car without the ruggie. If she's in the car it's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.

Last week, Spoonman had a comment on the arrests of muslim men accused of belonging to terrorist groups.


The recent threats in relation to alleged jihad terror threats in Sydney and Melbourne has had some interesting and disturbing fallout.

Islamic community leaders have complained that ordinary muslims will be targest of a so-called redneck backlash yet the only overt violence associated with the arrests so far has been perpetrated by supporters of the accused.

The Wild brawl with the media outside the court in Melbourne the firebombing of a police car in the muslim heartland of Sydney and Auburn and the alleged shooting of a police officer in the course of those raids and arrests.

When will Islamic community leaders wake up to the fact their people may well have been victims of any terror attack on our shores?

When will they wake up to the fact that it's mostly muslims killing those of their own faith in terror attacks all over the world?

When will they stop seeing Islamic extremists as muslims first and crazy murdering bastards a distant second?

By suggesting that Australian muslims are now targets it sends the signal that ordinary decent muslims support the crazed extremists, when in reality most don't.

The Islamic community here needs some of those decent Australian muslims to rise up as their communities leaders, as the current crop are hurting those they claim to represent.


Please forgive me if the transcript isn't exact - I've not taken dictation in years.

I also am not sure if I'm in breach of copyright, so this may well have to come down after I cop a cease and desist from Austereo lawyers.

Enjoy a soundbite of pure anti-chimmitude.

3 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Well, the lefties might, but a lot of the regular folk aren't that silly.

Unfortuntately, it's not the ordinary ones who gat to make policy.

It's almost like living between two worlds; the one where you can say what you think, and the other where you look over your shoulder.

It shits me no end, and I'm tired of it. So are a lot of other people.

When I look at what's happening around the world, my mind boggles at how many of my friends and family don't have a clue. They reckon they are too busy to do more than glance at the paper or check the 6 o'clock news. Hell, I am, too.

But what is going on is too big to be ignored, and there is so much that needs to be done.

Where to start?

I blog, I talk, I loan out my books.

OMIGOD! I've become a pentocostal! LOL

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Dag said...

Five points for being pentacostal. Ten more for being smart and sensible.

I'm becoming convinced that you truly are the daughter of Neb, one of my own favorites in the smart and sensible club. I f I try relly, really hard, I hope to get a job there as the doorman some day.

And lotsa point just because I can!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Caz said...

It's a curious thing isn't it - needing the ordinary and decent Australian Muslims to take "leadership" and denouce other Muslims. What if there are no decent Australian Muslims prepared to denounce another Muslim? It's not in their code of conduct.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home