Friday, October 14, 2005

The TMI Files. MoveOn.Organised.

So I finally did it. After talking about moving house for the last year, I've at last got a place that doesn't need to be renovated via Caterpillar.

So what was wrong with the old place? Apart from not having a yard for the rugrat to run amok in?

Hmmm. Let's see...
old weatherboard, about 60 years old:
restumping
rewiring
replumbing
doors that close
windows that close
aircon that broke down in the first 2 months of us moving in still not fixed. Luckily the place has high ceilings as well as the stumpings, so it wasn't too bad in summer.

Mind you, the place has plenty of character. The landlord was great (although a bit on the slow side - ref aircon) and the real estate agent was good to deal with, too. I've lived in worse hovels lol.

Just not with a little tacker. Not good.

Now, we have a house that is nice and solid. The doors close, the water coming out of the taps is clear (thank God for immune systems!), I'm not afraid to use the sockets and best of all we have a nice. big. yard to play in.

YAY!

It'll take me a while to finish unpacking, of course. I've at least got all my cds back in alphabetical order, and some very nice person gave me a record player for my birthday, so I can play my vinyl again. Got to put that in alphabetical, too. I can't handle it when my records and cds are out of order. It's just not right.

But it's a huge relief. I can relax somewhat, and regain some of my equilibrium. In the mornings, I just open the back door and after brekky, Magilla is out attempting to use the rocks in the garden for landfill. The poor fishpond may not see fish again. Luckily about the only things in it at the time Magilla got to it were mosquito wrigglers and snails. No fish that I could see through the murk.

We're a bit further out of town, but I like that. It's given me a little bit of much needed breathing space, and I can feel myself unwinding hour by hour, day by day.

It's much nicer than the previous few months of anxiety attacks over whether the rugrat would leap under a passing car.

Again, YAY!

3 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feels good to get moved in and away.

Hope you like your new digs.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Nick and Nora Charles said...

Happy virtual house warming. It sounds like a lovely place.

-- Nora

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Nilk said...

Thanks, guys. It is indeed a relief. I am winding down like you wouldn't believe.

Feelf ree to lift a glass with me.

cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home